“Thank you so much for donating the feeding bags to the Oley Foundation. It is very helpful to a needy patient, such as myself, to be able to obtain some of the expensive medical supplies that are required for daily living.… Oley has been a great help to me and their services are a wonderful thing for those of us with no or insufficient insurance coverage.”
— Alan G.
To connect families in need of enteral formula, pumps, tubing and other supplies with families who have items to donate.
- The Equipment/Supply Exchange Program connects Individuals Seeking Products to Individuals Donating Products.
- Products available are based solely on donations.
- Supplies vary daily based upon what's been donated and what's been shipped, so check back often!
- The person requesting supplies must pay for shipping prior to any products being shipped from the donor; but this should be the only cost associated with the products.
- Supplies are not distributed from a central warehouse, they are shipped from Individual to Individual.
- The Oley Foundation does not stock or distribute products.
Products Typically Exchanged
Our focus is on supplies and equipment related to home tube feeding and IV nutrition. Typical items include:
- Enteral formula
- Feeding bags
- IV poles
- Related supplies
- We do not list prescription drugs
- We do not list low-cost items such as gloves or gauze
Procedure for Donating Supplies or Equipment
To Donate Supplies or Equipment
Do not send items to the Oley Foundation - we do not stock inventory at our offices!
- You'll need to gather specific information about your donation, such as quantity, description, brand, model, expiration date (if applicable).
- You'll complete an online donation form (link below).
- Your items will be added to our list of available supplies on our website - your name and contact information will NOT be posted online.
- Your items will be listed for 4 months or until the product has expired, whichever comes first.
- When an individual seeking items matches the items you have, we'll provide them with your contact information, and they will contact you directly. It may take several weeks for the Oley Foundation to make a match, so please be prepared to hold on to the items for an extended period of time.
- After contacting you, the person requesting the item(s) will arrange to have the item(s) picked up and shipped by USPS, UPS, FedEx or another carrier. The recipient will have been advised that he or she is responsible for making shipping arrangements and paying shipping costs. Please make sure that the person in need emails or mails you shipping labels prior to sending items out.
Make sure that you and the recipient are fully comfortable with the provisions you put in place before shipping anything. While we can try to help correct misunderstandings, the Oley Foundation cannot assume responsibility if you ship something and are not reimbursed for your expenses.
- Notify us when you no longer have the item(s) so that we can remove them from our online inventory of available items.
If you have any questions about donating items you may call our staff at (866) 454-7351. Please complete the online form rather than calling us with your donation specifics.
Procedure for Requesting Supplies or Equipment
To Request Items
- Locate the item(s) you're seeking in our online store. Inclusion in our online store does not guarantee a product is available.
- Place the item(s) in your cart and checkout.
- An Oley volunteer will review your request, and once we find a match we will provide you with the donor contact information.
To Receive Items
- You are responsible for contacting the donor.
- Once you have confirmed that the supplies are still available, you must arrange to have the product shipped to you.
- As the recipient, you are responsible for all charges associated with shipping.
- Shipping labels must be emailed or mailed to the donor and received before the items will ship. You should not expect the donor to cover any shipping costs.
To Close Out Your Order
- Once the items have been shipped or received, notify us so that we can remove these items from our list of available items.
- We ask that you forward to us the Oley store order confirmation e-mail that you received when you placed your request. Please state in the e-mail that your order has been completed.
Below are links to recommend shipping organizations.
- USPS Priority Flat Rate is the preferred shipping method (especially for heavy items like formula) because USPS Flat Rate does not charge for shipping based on weight - it's a fixed fee based on the size of the package.
- Averitt Express or (800) 283-7488. Averitt operates at 143 locations and serves thousands of points throughout the Southern United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- UPS or (800) 742-5877
- FedEx or (800) 463-3339
Things to Know About the Equipment/Supply Exchange Program
- We do our best to respond to emails and calls in a timely manner, but this program is not a good option when supplies are needed immediately. In normal situations, you should expect a two-week turnaround.
- This is an ongoing program, so you may contact us when you need to replenish your supplies.
- Oley and the donors of products cannot guarantee the quality of the supplies donated or be responsible for their condition.
Have Questions About the Program?
If you have general questions about the program you may e-mail us or call (866) 454-7351. However, please submit all product requests through our online store.
Other Equipment and Supply Assistance Programs and Resources
Click here for links to other equipment and supply assistance programs.
- Click here for links to information on getting discounts or insurance coverage for formula and supplies.
- Click here to read more about the Recycling Medication Bottles program.